Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wet weekend projects

In the summer I hope a wet weekend will be all about swimming. For now a wet weekend means we find things to do inside. I had a lot of trouble with this mitten, and had to amputate the thumb four times. I am so wishing I had paid attention when Mom was still able to knit. She was a master, and could knit anything. My sister is another master, but she lives 700 miles away. I doubt if she'll be dropping by to help me with this thumb!In my optimistic way I started a new mitten. Now it would have been sensible to make the second one out of the same yarn so I would eventually have a pair, but I just wanted to see how this yarn would knit up.
We're having another baby at work. The ultrasound technician said it's a boy. The doctor said it's a girl. I was going to wait until its arrival so I would know for sure, but what if it's sunny and warm then, and I want to play outside? I'm making it mostly unisex with a few small pink squares thrown in to side with the doctor.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! If you want a cool geography lesson go visit Jodie. www.vintagericrac.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Connie said...

Oh dear, sorry to hear you are having trouble with your thumbs. I'm of no help at all. I don't know how to knit. Hope you get it figured out. I guess it doesn't matter if you started one from a different color of yarn. Hopefully, it will be a while yet before it is cold enough to need a pair of them. That will give you time to finish a second one to match. They look great so far. :-)

The baby quilt looks very cute too! You are so generous with your time and talent and your gift-giving, Diana. I'm sure that quilt will be much loved and appreciated.

Suzanne said...

Good luck with the mittens, mum is in the middle of knitting a pair for Shakira but Shakira keeps changing her mind about the style.
The baby quilt is just beautiful.