Monday, April 12, 2010

Non-gift

This is the non-gift I decided on. It's a bookmark for a gal who loves to read. I got the cross stitch pattern from a library book, pictured below. It took about two hours to stitch and put together, and the supplies came to less than $1, and were out of my stash, so really didn't cost a thing. Many thanks to my sister, Sara, who gave me the idea to make bookmarks. She made one for our mom a year or so ago. Every time I read aloud to Mom we use Sara's pretty bookmark. I'll be making more!
This book has some delightful patterns in it. Don't you love libraries where everything is free, and you don't have to find a permanent home for it. Of course you do have to give it back, but then someone else gets to borrow it. :>}

5 comments:

Connie said...

It's a very lovely "non-gift," Diana, but if something takes you two hours to make, it certainly seems like a "real" gift to me. You are very kind and generous with your time in my opinion. And Yes, I like libraries, but you probably already knew that! HA! :D

ladydi said...

Thank you, Daisy! Yes, you do come to mind when thinking of all the things there are to love about libraries. ;0)

Heckety said...

That's a really pretty bookmark, and looks like a very useful book! I love our Library and even the Librarians laugh at me with my repeated taking out embroidery and quilting books- they tell me to give other people a chance too!

ladydi said...

Heckety, you're just doing your part to keep the circulation numbers up!

Suzanne said...

This is a beautiful gift for someone.
I would love to say thank you so much for your lovely suprise in the mail this week, the girls and I cant wait to have a baking day together it really was some cheer up mail in times of a sad week.
Thanks my dear friend.

PS I have my computer back but until I can reload email am unable to reply properly.