Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More Christmas sewing, and red shoes

My nephew, Nathan, is all grown up now with his Master's Degree in computer science. It seems like yesterday I was choosing picture books or toys for his Christmas present. This year I made him a wall hanging to hang on his very own wall - he is a homeowner!
It is reversible, so he can use this side after Christmas.

Land's End had these shoes on sale, so my mom and I both bought a pair. They are waterproof, and so perfect for the kind of weather we are having. . . the cold, wet kind. We wore them to the dentist today, and got some compliments on our red feet. She looked especially colorful as she also has a red coat and a red purse. Those are flannel lined jeans above my shoes, and I'd like you to know that my legs are not really that fat!


6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cool shoes and I know someone in my house who would love to wear them.
Your nephew will really like his wall hanging I know what you mean about yesterday you were choosing picture books and toys instead.

Jodie said...

I love red shoes - It must get really cold where you live if your jeans are lined with flannel???

Tine said...

Flannel lined jeans! That is genius! I need to make some for my kids :)
I love the red shoes. All women should own a pair of red shoes I think...

Tine said...

OH! I totally forgot...the Christamstree is so pretty, I like that a lot :)

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

I love those shoes!!! I have some red ones but not like those, I want a pair too!!! The Wall hanging being reversible was a good idea...and nice for a young homeowner.....Face it lady, your trying to catch up to me in age :o)Ginny

Connie said...

Cool shoes! :D What a neat wall hanging too! Very thoughtful of you, Diana.