Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It Doesn't Get Better Than This!

Just a 55 minute drive from our home is the most amazing place - Headlands State Park in Mentor, Ohio. It doesn't cost anything to go there (except gas money) and as you can see it is perfectly beautiful.
Swimming in Lake Erie gives me a little more scope than the backyard pool. If I had known I was being photographed I would have smiled!

Such a lovely day! After swimming we took a walk along the beach.


My sweet Larry likes the water almost as much as I do. But not quite :>} Since we both had the same day off, we couldn't think of a better way to spend it.



On the way home we stopped to visit my mom and took her for a walk to admire the sunflowers. They're looking good.




4 comments:

Tine said...

What a beautiful place to spend the day! And it must be quite freeing to swim where you have more room :-) I would love to have a pool like yours, though. LOL!
Such wonderful sunflowers!

Suzanne said...

What a perfect way to spend your day off, the water looks so nice there.
Your sunflowers could come over here and live for a while. Need summer badly.

Connie said...

That's a lovely spot to spend your day off, Diana. How nice you and your husband could enjoy a day away.
:)

Mrs. Baker said...

I'm so glad you and Larry had a chance to go to Mentor Headlands this summer! It looks like it was a gorgeous day. It also looks like you could award yourselves mailbox of the month again! Love, Sara