Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sewing is my hobby, not my job.

I had some time for my hobby this weekend. :>} Thanks to Suzanne I have a new mantra. Sewing is my hobby, not my job. I replaced the last zipper I ever plan to replace for anyone outside the family. After that was finished, whoo-eee!One of my co-workers just graduated from nursing school. She had a really tough way to go, having to postpone her dreams for many years due to serious family illness.
Her name isn't really Clara Barton, I think she deserves her privacy. Look at the cute buttons my sister sent. So perfect for this project! When I finished this one Larry liked the color combination so well I made the one above for him, complete with a charming black cat.
My mother-in-law gave me this beautiful sweatshirt. I love the colors, which didn't come out as well on camera as it really is. I've always been fond of lighthouses, and cool summer evenings are more comfortable with a cozy sweatshirt. Of course I plan to wear it all fall and winter as well. :>}

3 comments:

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

That's a nice gift from your mother in law, your blessed that she likes you that well :o)
Your learning a lot of lessons ....People will wear you out if you let them...Ginny

Connie said...

Both of your quilts you made look great, Diana!

I like your new mantra. Don't forget to use it. Say it often enough and people will listen to you. :-)

Lovely sweatshirt too!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Suzanne said...

He He good on you.
Love the quilts and once again must say I am enjoying my sewing so much thanks to you.