Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I love Goodwill!

I have lost 49 pounds in the last seven years, and thus needed to get all new clothes. Goodwill is a wonderful place to shop! This charming ensemble is one of a few I was lucky enough to find at my favorite boutique "GW". The three pieces you see her came to $7.50. Nice! I have one more pound to lose, and then I have to keep it off. I know from experience that that is even harder than losing it. I am sorry to tell you that I have lost weight before, and then gained it back (and then some). I remember what I did wrong, and I hope it won't happen again. I said, "Oh, good, I'm finished with my diet." and then went back to bad habits like macaroni and cheese for breakfast. AAK!

Taking seven years to do it made me make some lifestyle changes that have become permanent, but I have to be ever vigilant. Graham crackers and peanut butter are my new favorite dessert. Mmmm.


Look! An engraved road decoration that talks about sewing. Oh, it doesn't? Well, I like it anyway.



5 comments:

LINDA BYLSMA said...

You are a riot. The sewer manhole, only a seamstress can see that as a sewing symbol.
I had lapband surgery nearly two years ago and lost about 60 pounds. That is one of the reasons I developed gall bladder disease. But since I had my surgery three weeks ago, I have lost 8 more pounds. I agree with you. The GW, VV, and other thrift shops are the only places I shop anymore.

Suzanne said...

I love the pattern in the sewer manhole ours are just plain and boring.
Good will shops sound just the best place to buy clothes, what a bargain. We have Op Shops here and I think they may be the same.
I love your neighbourhood it looks just beautiful.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Good morning Ms Skinny Minnie Ladydi:o) you are to be congratulated for such a feat...I need to lose in the worst way..even 20 lbs would help me..
I like that manhole too, no wonder I like you...your sense of humor is easy to love...Ginny

Connie said...

HA HA! The sewer cover comment made me laugh, Diana!

Your outfit looks very nice. I like to go to Goodwill too. Biggest trouble with going there is I go in looking for a particular thing and don't find it, but end up coming out with several other things I didn't know I needed till I got there. HA!
;)

Jodie said...

HI Diana, You look fantastic ! I cannot believe you have any more weight to lose at all.
This is something I struggle with - especially in winter...but I am working on it!