Friday, January 16, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Brrr. . . Our thermometer registered at 8 below this morning. On the Celcius thermometer that's about 22 below. When I went to visit Mom, her thermometer was encased in ice.
She always taught us that on cold, snowy days you stay home and bake bread.

It was good to see sunshine and blue sky!


The road crews are wonderful about clearing the snow off the roads. Thank goodness!



Hallie loves to play chase the gold cord with Larry.








Aren't they cute??

I hope you are warm and well wherever you are!






4 comments:

Tine said...

22 below?! That really is much too cold to do anything besides staying inside baking bread. Your mother is a smart lady :) I think I will start doing that too....we do have cold days -not as cold as yours- so now I just need some snow!

Connie said...

Hasn't this cold been brutal, Diana? Your bread looks yummy, and what a good idea to stay home and bake when it is cold outside. The oven ought to help warm up the kitchen a bit too.

I love the photos of your cat playing. :D

Suzanne said...

Wow that is very cold when you put it in our terms. Baking bread sounds like the best thing to do. I still love your photos of snow (sorry) they are just beautiful.

By the way we are keeping very warm here.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Ladydi, wish I had that slice of bread, looks like it wants a pat of butter and a cup of tea so Ginny could be warm if she was visiting you in that "COLD" place! I had to put on a sweater from the chill of just looking :o)....Ginny