I got the idea from Daisy to post about seven things that make me smile.
1. Each cold winter day that we get through is one day closer to spring!
2. My family makes me smile every day. My kind son, Daniel, who has shoveled a TON of snow in the last two weeks, and Larry, the nicest guy in the world, who went to visit my mom when I had to work on my day off, and David with the dazzling smile, who works so hard to achieve his goals.
3. The fun I had "planting" pansies in this basket. I'm still trying to decide if I should add a bit of pink in a narrow border before binding it in green. Opinions welcome!
4. Mr. You Tube is teaching me to crochet! This is just simple single crochet (with a really untidy beginning), but Mr. You Tube is equally proficient in granny squares, which I hope to learn next.
5. We have a new girl starting at work tomorrow, which means I shouldn't have to work on my day off next week, as I have this week and last. A day off always makes me smile!
6. The quilt show starts tomorrow. BIG smile!
7. All my blog friends make me smile! I have learned so much and been inspired to try new things, thanks to you.
7 1/2. My four o'clock slice of cake with Ginny. Mmmm.