Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This and that

I made this pillow for my dad's birthday a few years ago.
He enjoyed the 3 D effect. When my mom moved to the smaller room last summer I brought the pillow home. She could no longer see it, and had no place to put it, anyway. Now we're enjoying it in our living room.
My friend, Michele, lost her mom this month. We've lost several of our elderly patients this month at work. Winter is a tough time.
On a more cheerful note, please observe that I'm an "exhibitor". Exciting! This paperwork arrived in the mail today, so I guess my quilt must have arrived safely at Lake Farmpark. The show starts Feb. 12, but I'll probably wait and go on March 5 or 6, which is the vendor's weekend. Who knows what treasures I might find?

5 comments:

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Congratulation my dear :o)...I know you must really be excited and trying to remain calm..;o) go into the bathroom and give a good Thank you shout! Ginny

Connie said...

That is neat the way you created the 3D effect, Diana. I really like the pink and black and green colors together in that second one--that is very pretty! I'm glad to hear that your quilt arrived safely too. I know you were a little worried about it. I hope you have fun at the exhibit!

Heckety said...

Congratulations on having your quilt displayed!

And that is a lovely cushion too. The tumbling blocks is a very effective pattern- takes time though!

And yes there have been several members of our congregation and friends' elderly parents who have passed away the last two months. Winter and the turn of the year is really a tough time.

Suzanne said...

How exciting I cant wait to the show starts and you are sharing the experience with us all.

Its so hard when everyone is aging and you loose people.

Locket Pocket said...

Oh Diana - it will be so exciting to see your quilt on display! Lucy x