Sunday, November 15, 2009

Whoosh! Another month half over already.

We have had the most glorious November weather. It's hard to come inside to sew sometimes, but it gets dark so early that I've been able to get a few things done.

My mom's birthday is just a few days after Thanksgiving, so I made her some pajamas. At least I made the pants, and then didn't have enough fabric for the top, so I bought a pink top and added a plaid heart and trim on the sleeves.

This gorgeous fabric is even prettier in real life than it shows up here. It has gold sparkles, and is going to be our Thanksgiving tablecloth this year.
I've told you that my nephew and his wife are expecting a baby in February. I thought they would enjoy the double meaning this wall hanging has when I send it to them for Christmas. I liked the way this came out so well that I am going to make another one.

I hope you have a pleasant week, and that all goes well.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hope you have had a wonderful week so far. In relation to my baby photos they were Tim on the left, then Shakira middle and Brooke on the right.

We have had the best November weather too, but its been hot on the other side of the country.
Take care and hope you can enjoy the sewing as well as the weather.
Your mum will love those PJ's.

ladydi said...

Hi, Suzanne! Those photos are the cutest, I'm so glad you posted them; thanks for letting me know which is whom. :>} Yes, I do hope Mom likes her pjs, I had fun making them.

Connie said...

Diana, those pajamas are so cute. You are so clever to make the top match the bottoms with your add-ons.

I love the fabric for your Thanksgiving tablecloth! Wow! That is gorgeous!

ladydi said...

Thanks, Daisy, I like it, too! Our white Corelleware that we've had forever should look just fine on it.
I haven't quite decided what color to make the napkins. :>}

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Goodness Ladydi! you have been busier than a bee!...I thought you were busy at work...but I see you had time to shop at Goodwill :o)...
I haven't been in a while..never thought I'd be too tired to "Shop til I dropped" The Jammie's for Mom are adorable and good idea about making the trim..:o) Ginny

ladydi said...

Hi, Ginny! Good to see your smiling face - I'm glad you like the pjs for Mom. Gotta love Goodwill. :>}