Saturday, August 25, 2012

Settling in

This brings back memories of the hundreds of hours Larry and I spent cutting my parents' grass when they lived out in Auburn.
Larry is enjoying being back on a lawnmower after a very dry summer.  We are thankful we've finally had some rain.
This is a quotation from the book "Swallows and Amazons", which was first published in 1930.  I always liked the father's response to his children's request for permission to go camping on a nearby island.
Now that we're pretty well moved in, I've had some time to sew.  I am not good with blinds, and was happy to find fabric for 50 cents per yard on the clearance rack to make curtains and a tablecloth.  (A quilted tablecloth!)
I haven't been brave enough to remove the blinds yet - that's next.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Your wall hanging, curtains, and tablecloth are all quite lovely, Diana. After going nearly three months without mowing grass here, we were happy to finally get some rain and have our green grass return. I'm glad to hear you are settling in to your new home. It is always an adjustment moving to a new place.

ladydi said...

Thank you, Daisy! Yes, it was a relief to get some much needed rain. It is SO nice to have time to sew again. I hadn't made anything in months.

Suzanne said...

Your new neighbourhood looks so nice and lush, its just so green there. Hope all is going well in your new home and love the new sewing project.

ladydi said...

Thanks, Suzanne! We're thankful for the rain which greened things up nicely. I'm so happy to have time to sew again. It had been months.