Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Secret Ingredient

Our local Aldi store has the friendliest cashier! She always has good ideas for preparing food that she passes on to her customers. On Saturday she shared a really good idea. Just take your favorite cookie or brownie recipe and substitute cooked and pureed beans for the butter or oil and eggs. Can you imagine? As odd as it sounds, it is delicious! She told us to use black beans in chocolate brownies, and the only reason I can't share a photo with you is that they are gone already. It cuts way down on the fat and cholesterol, and adds protein to your dessert. What's not to like?

4 comments:

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Good idea! and those look delicious..

Connie said...

I never heard of that, Diana. Sounds like a way to make them healthier. I'll have to try that.

Suzanne said...

Sounds interesting. Not sure that apart from baked beans with get pureed beans here.
Hope you enjoyed your healthy desert.

ladydi said...

They really are delicious, although I admit I miss the butter in the cookies. Maybe next time I'll use half of the butter. Suzanne, I had to puree my own beans in the blender, but it only took a minute. Pureed black beans look just like cocoa!