Saturday, May 22, 2010

Suppose. . .

it is Saturday night. You've worked all day. Your dh is out making music with his band, and the friend you invited to come over for craft night had a previous engagement. In Texas. (Hi, Liz!)
You really really want to work on your adorable turtle quilt. See! They have eyes. They're swimming in a circle, and are just waiting for some nice quilted waves.
Second choice in the lineup is a new knitting project. Do you suppose I'll have as much trouble learning how to turn a heel as I did making thumbs?
Near the bottom of the list is replacing the zipper in a pair of pants for someone at work.
At the very bottom of the list is 58 pages of reading to do for work.
What would you do? Exactly! Leave it all behind and go for a walk instead. :>}

8 comments:

Connie said...

HA HA HA! That makes perfect sense to me, Diana! Putting in a zipper and reading for work would be at the bottom of my list too. Hope you had a nice walk and you are enjoying your weekend. :)

Suzanne said...

Going for a walk 1st is a levely idea and then I think the quilt would come in a 2nd for me.
Hope you had a lovely Saturday evening.

Tine said...

Some options are definately more appealing than others! Your turtle quilt is looking wonderful and what a great pattern for knitted socks! It looks like it was a beautiful day, so the walk must have been really nice.

Heckety said...

Too right!! After my own heart you are! After all, the elves like peace and quiet to do you chores for you don't they?!

Locket Pocket said...

Definitely the right thing to do! But you won't have any trouble turning the heel in your sock - much easier than thumbs! Lucy x

ladydi said...

Thanks, ladies! I did have a nice walk, and now that it is already Sunday evening I am happy to tell you that the zipper has been replaced and the reading nearly completed. I took it outside, which made it seem more like fun reading.
It was more interesting than I expected it to be. :>}

Owen said...

Excellent choice !

That is exactly what we did today too... a nice long walk to go see the rhododendron patch, leaving everything else in suspense... too bad. What was that little jingle of a poem about "Cleaning and sweeping can wait for tomorrow, for babies grow up, I've learned to my sorrow, Cobwebs and dustmice can all go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep..." ? Or something to that effect... eeesh, 58 pages of reading... I'd put that off as long as possible...

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Ladydi,you will enjoy making socks :o) there are patterns to begin with to get the idea of making them easy..keep on going...Ginny