Saturday, December 5, 2009

A mixed review

Party time!
We managed to transform our waiting room into a party room for the evening.

Mary Ann decorated the amazingly beautiful tree. Wow!
Larry is such a great date!
Things got a little out of control during the gift exchange. You'd think people that have worked together 10 hours a day for ten years or more could get through an evening without drowning out the entertainment with their chatter, but it wasn't so. One nice gal didn't hear her number called, and never got a gift to open. There were four left at the end, so random people opened them. Afterward I realized Maxine hadn't opened one, so I went home and made her a tree to hang on her wall. We had been talking about how we hadn't started our decorating yet, and when would we find the time. I gave it to her at work today. She especially likes the mouse! (I do too.)

4 comments:

Connie said...

Diana, your waiting room looks lovely all decked out for the party. I think if the party-goers were so busy chatting, that it must have meant they were enjoying themselves, so I think the party was a success. The Christmas tree wall hanging is very cute and that was so thoughtful of you to make it. I like that little mouse too! :)

ladydi said...

Thanks, Daisy!

Suzanne said...

I really loved seeing the photo of you and Larry, Larry is a fair bit taller than you but I hadnt realised before.
Your work mate would have been so happy with the gift you made her. Your work office must have felt very different that evening.

Heckety said...

Oh that was so kind of you! We need 'noticing' people like you!